What is Authorize.net Integration?
Authorize.net integration allows you to securely charge credit cards and collect order form payments. Authorize.net handles all the credit card information, providing full PCI compliance.
This integration processes payments, so your form needs Order Form Items with prices. But you don't need any items to collect credit card information — this will be handled by Authorize.net.
Create a New Payment Integration
On your form's "Payments" page, click the integration for "Authorize.net". Then, click the "Get Authorization" button and continue through Authorize.net's site to grant permissions to Formsite to submit transactions via the API. When you're finished and return back to the Formsite page, click the "Save" button.
Recurring Billing (Subscriptions)
The recurring billing settings can be used to create recurring subscription charges with Authorize.net's Automated Recurring Billing feature. The recurring charge amount can be either the order total from the form user or a predefined fixed amount. You can additionally charge a one-time fee, such as a setup fee.
When a form user submits a recurring payment, the one-time fee (if you've set one) will be charged immediately. Then, a payment schedule will be created inside your Authorize.net account for the recurring charges. The schedule will continue until all the charges have been made or there's a billing failure. You can further manage payment schedules inside your Authorize.net account.
Collecting Authorize.net Payments
After a form user completes the last page of your form they'll proceed to your form's payment page. Your form will securely collect the billing information and send it to Authorize.net for processing. For PCI compliance, Formsite doesn't store any of the credit card number information, it only sends it directly to Authorize.net.
Viewing Authorize.net Results
On your form's "Results" page, you can view the status of each Authorize.net transaction in the Payment column. Each row will have a status icon and a "History" link for full transaction history.
|Successful payment, but with additional information. For example, a duplicate payment or refund.|
|Waiting for payment attempt.|
|Failed payment or unexpected error.|
Note: Your Authorize.net account is the final record of all payments and refunds. There shouldn't be a discrepancy between Authorize.net and Formsite, but if this situation arises, Authorize.net takes precedence.
Authorize.net Common Errors
- "Authorize.net integration requires permissions to submit payments."
- This error can occur if you're setting up a new Authorize.net integration but don't accept the permissions required by Authorize.net when prompted. If you're using an Authorize.net account with limited access, you may see this error if your account can't grant sufficient permissions. In this case, you may need to check with your Authorize.net account administrator or log into Authorize.net with a different user.
- Authorize.net prompts you to log in multiple times but then doesn't show any authorization options.
- This usually happens if you're trying to log into Authorize.net with an insufficient User Role, such as a "Transaction Manager". To successfully grant permissions for the integration, you'll need to use either an "Account Owner" or "Account Administrator" level user.
- If there are errors during payment, check Authorize.net's response codes page for more information.