What are Sub-users?
Sub-users are additional limited-access users for your account. Sub-users can access the forms, settings pages including Integrations and Payments, and the Results Table.
The Sub-users feature requires a Pro 2 level or higher Formsite account.
Add a New Sub-user
Sub-users are sent an invitation email and click the link to create their new Sub-user account.
- Go to the account's "User menu -> Sub-users" page and click the button to "invite new Sub-user"
- Enter the user's email address into the Email field
- Set the options for two-factor authentication, type, and for the Limited type whether they can create new forms and each form's permissions
- Click the Invite button at the bottom of the page to send the invitation email
Edit or Delete an Existing Sub-user
On your account's "User menu -> Sub-users" page, click the "Edit" link to change any settings for an individual Sub-user. When you're finished, click the "Save" button. To delete a user, click the "Delete" link.
Deleted Sub-users immediately lose all login access.
A sub-user can be one of two user types:
- Admin: Full permissions for all users, forms, and results.
- Limited: Permissions only to view and modify the forms you specify.
Admin users always have full permissions, similar to the account owner. Limited users can be assigned one of three permission levels:
- None: The user has no access to the form and it won't show in their form list.
- Read: The user can view the form and its results.
- Read/Write: The user can view and modify the form and its results.
You can set a user to "All Read" to give them Read level permission to every form, "All Read/Write" to give them Read/Write level permission to every form, or "Individual" to set permissions individually for each form.
Limited users with Read/Write permission on at least one form will have access to files on your account's "Files & Images" page.
Note: There's not a way to give sub-users permissions for results only. To share results only, use Results Reports instead.
Sub-users log in on the same login page as primary Formsite account owners. They no longer need a special login page or your account's directory value.
Two-factor Authentication (2fa)
Primary account owners or Admin Sub-users can optionally require two-factor authentication (2fa) for Sub-users. Enabling the requirement will show the 2fa information for the Sub-user upon their next login and require a correct code for future logins.
The account owner's user (the username your account was created with) is separate from sub-users.
You can use your account's "Log" page to audit sub-users' actions.